Summary of Geodetic Engineering Study Program
|No||Type of Data||Description|
|1||Awarding Body||Universitas Gadjah Mada|
|2||Faculty||Faculty of Engineering|
|3||Name of Department||Department of Geodetic Engineering|
|4||Study Program||Geodetic Engineering|
|5||Degree Award/Title of Bachelor||S.T (Sarjana Teknik)|
|6||Years of Operation||1959 - Now|
|7||Number of Alumnae||2861|
|8||Number of Credits||144 Credits|
|9||Number of Semesters||8 Semesters|
|10||Final Project||Undergraduate Thesis (Skripsi)|
|11||Certification/accreditation||BAN (National Accreditation Board) with Unggul (Very Good) Qualification (9 June 2020 - 30 September 2024)|
|Certified by AUN-QA (Asean University Networks - Quality Assurance) with good predicate.|
|12||Level of Competence in National Qualification Standard (KKNI)||Level 6|
|13||Student-centered supporting IT System||Academic Information System (UGM) and Integrated Databases (Study Program) and Online Library and i-KKN and etc|
|14||Socialization||Website and social-media and brochure and booklet etc|
|15||Credits specification||At least 132 compulsory credits (69 courses) and 12 optional credits (offered from a total of 57 credits distributed in 31 elective courses) must be achieved by a student to graduate from the study program|
|16||Teaching Methods||Student Centered Learning (SCL)|
Vision and Mission of Geodetic Engineering Undergraduate Study Program
The vision of the Geodetic Engineering Undergraduate Study Program FT-UGM is “To become a world-class Geodetic Engineering Undergraduate Study Program that is superior and innovative, dedicated to the interests of the nation and humanity that is imbued with the nation’s cultural values based on Pancasila as the state ideology”.
To achieve the vision above, the mission of the Geodetic Engineering Undergraduate Program, Faculty of Engineering, Universitas Gadjah Mada is:
Organizing an efficient and effective Geodetic Engineering Undergraduate Study Program education in accordance with national and international standards of engineering education, to support the development of the nation and society.
Utilizing the results of scientific research activities in order to develop the application of science and engineering for humanity.
Play an active role in community service to support the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at the local, national and international levels.
With the vision and mission mentioned above, the objectives of the 2021 Curriculum or known as PEO (Program Educational Objectives) are to produce Geodetic Engineering undergraduate graduates who are expected to have the following competencies:
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
Apply the basic principles of mathematics, science and engineering in formulating and solving engineering problems, and use their knowledge to excel in their careers in various practical fields of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering or other relevant fields.
Build and develop knowledge in Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering, as well as other relevant fields through advanced professional certification and or further education in engineering or science.
Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and diverse professional environment, and demonstrate leadership and professional integrity.
Graduates of the FT-UGM Geodetic Engineering Undergraduate Study Program are expected to have the following competencies:
- Able to identify and formulate problems in the field of geodesy geomatics, by applying mathematics, engineering basics, and science.
- Able to conceptually design aspects of surveying and mapping from the stages of acquisition, processing, to the presentation of data in the form of geospatial information, based on comprehensive and structured thinking skills.
- Able to design and conduct data collection using terrestrial/surveying, photogrammetry, remote sensing, GNSS, and hydrographic methods by utilizing modern measurement technology, performing quality control and interpretation of geospatial data from various sources into geospatial information.
- Able to carry out and complete geospatial data processing and management by utilizing standard software in the field of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering.
- Able to present, report and publish the results of activities in the field of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering and their applications by utilizing hardware and software based on information and communication technology.
- Able to carry out survey-mapping and positioning activities for engineering and cadastre, starting from planning, implementation, and quality control according to the required standards and specifications.
- Able to carry out surveying and mapping and positioning activities for boundary demarcation/delimitation both on land and at sea, starting from planning, implementation, and quality control according to the required standards and specifications.
- Able to identify, plan, manage and perform quality control of spatial data for land and property administration (land management) according to the required standards and specifications.
- Able to operate software and design geospatial information systems to support problem solving related to earth science or engineering fields by utilizing geospatial information (applied geoinformatics).
- Have an understanding of professional demands, integrity, ethics, Pancasila worldview, social responsibility in the implementation of geomatics projects including respecting differences.
- Able to work together in a team both as a leader and member and communicate effectively.
- Able to adapt quickly to various developments and prioritize the principles of sustainable development in their work.
- Have a recognized ability to develop themselves in the field of geodesy geomatics by continuing on formal paths, namely studies at the postgraduate level or professional paths.
- Innovative, creative, and competitive and have sufficient scientific and managerial basics for sustainable self-development, commitment to quality, punctuality, compliance with established academic and professional standards.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
The Program Educational Objectives (PEO) of the Department are compiled based on the department’s vision and mission. The PEO are aimed that three to five years after graduating with this degree, a Geodetic Engineering graduate will:
- Be able to apply fundamental mathematical, scientific, and engineering principles in formulating and solving engineering problems, as well as to excell in a career utilizing their education in Geodetic Engineering areas of practice.
- Be able to develop and expand their knowledge of geodetic engineering fields, as well as other relevant fields through further professional licensure or graduate studies in engineering or science.
- Be able to work effectively in multidisciplinary and diverse professional environments as well as to provide leadership and demonstrate professional integrity.
STUDENT OUTCOMES (SO)
The student outcome (SO) of Geodetic Engineering Study Program are as follow:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct practices, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility according to the values of Pancasila.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning – specifically: graduates will be successful in finding professional employment, attaining professional licensure, and/or pursuing further academic studies.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice – specifically: Graduates will have an advanced understanding of the following areas of Geodetic and Geomatic Engineering at least at one of the following field of specializations: engineering and cadastral survey; boundary delimitation; land management; applied geoinformatics.